Monday, February 6, 2012

Tool #2

1. After completing the above, share you thoughts about building and participating in an online community and participating in a PLN. What points stood out to you from the commenting advice? Were you able to apply any of the advice in your comments? How did you feel about sharing your thoughts publicly? Was it different than when you're sharing your successes/challenges with your teammate?
I'm still a little unsure about participating in an online community. I'm the type of person that likes to keep things to myself, so I find it difficult to comment in an online community. I was able to visit some of my friends' blogs and I enjoyed reading what they had to say about the various PLN sites. I feel like sharing my thoughts publicly is completely different than sharing my successes and challenges with a teammate. I'd rather have a face to face discussion with a teammate where I can get instant feedback. It seems that I'm going to have to give this idea of sharing publicly a chance though.
2. Share the url or name of a website or social network that you plan to visit in the future. What does that site have to offer?
I plan to visit Twitter in the future. I have never been on Twitter before, but I like the idea behind it. I am a person of very few words, so I like how the length of the posts are limited. I love to get quick bits of information that are expressed in the least amount of words as possible. First, I'm going to have to get someone to explain to me how Twitter works though!! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Ms. Mosley. I appreciate the kind words. I also enjoy long walks on the beach and soft music by Kenny. Hopefully you will friend me on facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For Twitter - Just "YouTube it!" There are probably tons of videos there explaining Twitter and how it works! You could most definitely have a PLN via Twitter! In fact, there are tons of educators using twitter to either share information or seek it out! Try the hashtags #math, #mathematics to find some tweets of value for you!

    Think of all the other educators across the globe that you can meet and get feedback from...

    ReplyDelete