Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tool #3


Tool #3

1. Visit several of the video hosting/streaming sites mentioned above. Share with your readers which sites you found most useful for your content and why.
I enjoyed visiting the ABC News site as well as Teacher Tube. I also frequent the Khan Academy site with my SAT Prep students. It is a great way for my kids to see various SAT-style problems worked out visually and also explained verbally in a very clear manner.
2. Using any of the video resources mentioned above, find and select two videos that may be useful resources in your classroom. Embed them in your blog. If they do not have embed capabilities, hot link them to your blog.
Both videos are embedded at the bottom of my blog.
3. Articulate what you learned about copyright and fair use. What was new to you?
The copyright and fair use laws seem somewhat confusing to me. Once I was able to hear more information about them, they began to become more clearly defined in my eyes. It is interesting to see what we are limited to as educators.
4. Create a Dropbox account and add some files to it  How could you use this tool in your classroom?
It would be very easy to create a folder for each of my classes and allow them to turn in assignments electronically. That would definitely cut down on the number of papers that I must carry around as I float to various offices and classrooms throughout the day. It would be very challenging for me to view and grade electronic versions of assignments as I am one of those people who prefers pen and paper over electronic versions of anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment