Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tool #4

1. Create at least one document in Google Docs and share it with a few others on your campus or within your department. It could a team member, a department colleague, or another teacher with whom you plan a collaboration. Ask that person to comment or chat and real-time edit the document with you.
I created an SAT Diagnostic Evaluation for my SAT students to use after the completion of their initial diagnostic SAT.

2. Create one form in Google Docs and send it via email to at least two other people and ask them to respond.

I sent the document to Lindsay Jasek, an MHS English teacher, as well as Lauren Shelley, an MHS English/SAT Prep teacher. Hopefully they will find time to comment on the document that I sent.

3. Briefly discuss how you can use the tools in Google Apps with your team or department. How can you incorporate Google Apps as a tool in your classroom? Which tools are you excited about using with students?

I like the idea of using Google Docs to eliminate the numerous versions of assignments and tests/quizzes that we may use in a particular subject. I like that when any changes are made to the document, it is automatically updated. That will do away with the multiple versions being emailed back and forth. I may just start using Google Docs all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment