Thursday, March 8, 2012

Tool #9



1. Why do you think it is important to tie technology to the objective?
I think that it is important to tie technology to the objective because today's students are so technologically sound. They are constantly using technology to help with their studies and it will help keep them intrigued.
2.Why should we hold students accountable for the stations/centers?
I believe that all students should be held accountable for their stations so that they realize the importance of being responsible for their own actions.
3. Visit 2 of the applicable links to interactive websites for your content/grade level. Which sites did you like. How could you use them as stations? How can you hold the students accountable for their time in these stations?
I visited Mangahigh and Manipula Math. I liked both of these sites and feel that they would both be effective in the secondary classroom. I could use them at stations by breaking down one objective with one site at each station. I would be able to hold the students accountable by asking them a series of questions on Poll Everywhere as a ticket out of class.
4. List two to three apps you found for the iPod Touch/iPad that you can use in your classroom. What do you see that station looking like? How can you hold the students accountable for their time in these stations?
The app that I found useful was the create a graph. I find that the more representation of various concepts that I can show my kid, the better. They are very visual and this will really help them.
5. What about other ways to use the iPod Touch/iPad? Share another way you can see your students using the device as a station.
I feel that the students will continue to develop new ways to use the devices in the classroom. Thye have already showed me a flashcard app that they really love. They tend to know more about these devices than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment